Friday, May 13, 2011

Jesus' Resurrection

Jesus laid in a grave from Friday night until Sunday morning when God raised him from the dead and when Jesus was risen, God raised us from the dead as well. Here is why:

When Jesus died, was buried and rose again, he was representing us. In God's mind He was placing us side by side with Jesus, dying, being buried and rising again. So then, you have died and a new life has begun in Christ. You have been born again.

Because you have died you are no longer a slave to sin or to the powers of this world which I will talk about in future blogs. You will belong to Jesus and only Jesus. You will follow only Him.

SCRIPTURE FOR CONSIDERATION

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me (Galatians 2:20).

Even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead (Ephesians 2:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment