Saturday, May 14, 2011

Step Two - Turn Your Life Around

Just about every major New Testament figure told people to "repent." John the Baptist, Jesus, and Peter all told the people to repent. The word "repent" has taken on a negative meaning in past years in many places, which is unfortunate. In reality the word means to "turn around." When the New Testament writers told their people to repent, they were telling them to stop living like they were...to stop sinning. The message is still the same today as it was back then. God wants us to turn away from our past and start walking a new life.

You have lived for yourself, and as the Bible clearly states, you have lived in sin apart from God. But now it is time to turn around and turn to God. He has given you all the means already in Jesus. All you have to do is pray.

Pray for forgiveness - God forgive me for living apart from you, for making excuses for my behavior, for my life style.

Pray for help - God help me to put turn to you, to put away my life and start a new one, help me to live for you.

Pray for new life - God, I pray for a new life. May the same power that raised Jesus from the dead, raise me from spiritual death.

Pray in Jesus name.

With a prayer like this you will begin a new life in Christ.

SCRIPTURE FOR CONSIDERATION

Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away (Acts 3:19).

I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent (Luke 15:7).

No comments:

Post a Comment